Buy Convalmore OnlineThe Convalmore-Glenlivet Distillery Company founded Convalmore in 1893. The designer was architect Donald Mackay. After a fire in 1909, which destroyed large parts of the distillery, it was rebuilt and a continuous still was installed on a trail basis to produce cost-effective malt whisky. The result was uneven maturation and the stills were discontinued in 1916. Indirect steam heating of the stills was installed in 1962 and two more stills were added two years later. United Distillers mothballed Convalmore in 1985 and then sold the buildings to William Grant & Sons in 1990, who subsequently used them for storing their own malts. A very rare malt mostly available through independents.
Status: Closed (1985)
Proprietor: William Grant & Sons
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Open To Visitors: No
Contact: Convalmore Distillery
Water Source: Conval Springs