Buy Glenugie OnlineGlenugie was once the most easterly distillery in Scotland. It was founded in 1831 in Invernettie, south of Peterhead. Glenugie only lasted 6 years into its life before it was converted into a brewery and then changed back into a distillery 25 years later. It was bought over by Seager Evans in 1937 and they were subsequently bought over by Schenley and the Whitbread & Co. Whitbread eventually closed Glenugie in 1983 and sold the buildings to an oil company who demolished some buildings and converted the rest into offices.
Status: Demolished (1983)
Proprietor: Whitbread & Co. Ltd.
Stills: 2 wash stills, 2 spirit stills
Water Source: Wellington Spring
Contact : Glenugie Distillery